NFL To Discipline Players Who Attend “High Risk” Events
Written by B87FM on July 27, 2020
NFL gamers who interact in “high-risk” exercise will face self-discipline from their respective groups and can vulnerable to not being paid, the brand new league protocol states.
Maddie Meyer / Getty Photos
ESPN acquired a memo despatched by the NFLPA to brokers this weekend detailing a number of new pandemic-related guidelines gamers ought to pay attention to. Remaining language has but to be agreed upon, however the letter represents “a abstract of main elements of the COVID amendments.”
Contracting the virus will lead to being designated as a soccer damage contract-wise; nevertheless, the memo states, “Golf equipment/NFL can problem designation as a football-related damage if it may well show that the participant contracted COVID-19 by way of participating in high-risk conduct under. (This difficulty stays open.)”
The next conditions are outlined as “high-risk” within the memo:
• an indoor nightclub with greater than 15 folks
• an indoor bar with greater than 15 folks, aside from to select up meals
• an indoor home social gathering with greater than 15 folks
• an indoor music live performance/leisure occasion with greater than 15 folks
• knowledgeable sporting occasion, aside from relevant NFL video games or occasions, with greater than 15 folks
• an indoor non secular service attended by greater than 25% of a venue’s capability
The NFL plans to start its schedule on time, September 10.