Powerball $1.9B jackpot drawing delayed over security protocols, lottery officials say
Written by B87FM on November 8, 2022
Powerball gamers should wait patiently after Monday evening’s drawing, initially scheduled for 10:59 p.m. ET, was delayed as a consequence of safety points, lottery officers introduced.
The delay was as a consequence of a collaborating lottery needing extra time to finish the required safety protocols. As soon as the required safety protocols are full, the drawing will probably be carried out below the supervision of lottery safety officers and unbiased auditors, in line with the California Lottery.
“Powerball has strict safety necessities that have to be met by all 48 lotteries earlier than a drawing can happen,” the California Lottery announced on Twitter.
Monday’s jackpot had climbed to $1.9 billion – the largest lottery prize ever – with a money possibility of $929.1 million.
The earlier Powerball prize report was set in 2016 when the jackpot was received at $1.586 billion by three ticket holders.
The percentages of successful the jackpot have been 1 in 292.2 million.
POWERBALL JACKPOT:Here’s what to do if you win.
Tickets are bought in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Winners can obtain their prize via an annual cost plan over 29 years, however most individuals go for the grand jackpot prize in money.
Find out how to play Powerball
Every Powerball ticket is $2. You choose 5 numbers from 1-69 for the white balls and one purple “Powerball” quantity from 1-26, in line with Powerball. You can even select to do “fast decide” which is able to let the lottery terminal randomly choose your numbers.
For an additional $1, you’ll be able to choose into “Powerplay,” which multiplies non-jackpot successful prizes by an element of two, 3, 4, 5 or 10.
To win the jackpot, you must match all six numbers, which incorporates 5 white ball numbers and one purple ‘Powerball’ quantity. However you solely want one matching quantity to win a prize.
Here’s a information to winnings:
- 1 matching quantity that’s the Powerball quantity: $4
- 1 matching quantity + the Powerball quantity: $4
- 2 matching numbers + the Powerball quantity: $7
- Three matching numbers: $7
- Three matching numbers + the Powerball quantity: $100
- Four matching numbers: $100
- Four matching numbers + the Powerball numbers: $50,000
- 5 matching numbers: $1 million
- 5 matching numbers + the Powerball quantity: Grand prize
Powerball is performed on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET.
What are the very best jackpots of all time?
- $1.9 billion: Nov. 7, 2022
- $1.586 billion: Jan. 13, 2016 – CA, FL, TN
- $768.Four million: March 27, 2019 – WI
- $758.7 million: Aug. 23, 2017 – MA
- $731.1 million: Jan. 20, 2021 – MD
- $699.eight million: Oct. 4, 2021 – CA
- $687.eight million: Oct. 27, 2018 – IA, NY
- $632.6 million: Jan. 5, 2022 – CA, WI
- $590.5 million: Could 18, 2013 – FL
- $587.5 million: Nov. 28, 2012 – AZ, MO
Contributing: The Related Press