Salmonella In Onions Now Found In 43 States, CDC Says
Written by B87FM on August 9, 2020
The Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention says 43 states have been affected by the Salmonella outbreak in onions.
Sean Gallup / Getty Photos
They report that 640 individuals has been sickened by the outbreak, 85 of which required hospitalization. Zero deaths have been linked.
“Don’t eat, serve, or promote onions from Thomson Worldwide, Inc., or meals made with these onions,” the CDC warns on its web site. “Onion varieties embrace crimson, white, yellow, and candy yellow varieties. Different firms have additionally issued remembers of meals, like rooster salads, made with recalled onions.
“While you order meals from a restaurant or store for meals, examine with the restaurant or grocery retailer to verify they aren’t serving or promoting recalled onions from Thomson Worldwide, Inc., or any meals ready with recalled onions, together with meals equivalent to salads, sandwiches, tacos, salsas, and dips.”
The Meals and Drug Administration says Thomson will likely be recalling all kinds of onions they’re linked with.
Signs of Salmonella embrace diarrhea, fever, and abdomen cramps.
If you’re nervous you’ll have contracted Salmonella, the CDC recommends you do the next:
– Speak to your healthcare supplier.
– Write down what you ate within the week earlier than you began to get sick.
– Report your sickness to your native well being division.
– The well being division will possible name you for an interview to ask you about meals you ate within the week earlier than you bought sick.
– Help public well being investigators by answering their questions after they contact you.